Thursday, February 6, 2014

Coming of Age


Yesterday, I missed the opportunity to write, so today I will make up for it. I must say that life is looking bright this week. I recommitted to a more Fit &Fabulous lifestyle. I made the initial promise to myself, as many do the first of the year. I changed my eating habits, which wasn't very hard. I started working out with Anowa Adjah doing the Full Body Curvedown. OMG!! This workout is the great. I went from not being active at all and I was able to follow along with her routine.Confession: I must say that after the first two days, I stopped for the remainder of the week. My legs were so SORE! Yes, I know that is a sign that I was doing it correctly and I had to push through the pain. I mean it hurt to sit down, it hurt to stand up and stairs... I hated them. Anowa's workout put a lot of emphasis into squatting and toning muscles. I love it. So, today, I began working out again.I did some cardio and a little strengthening. I want to get back to Anowa's routine so I will work that in this week too. 

Yesterday's topic was: Story Setting 70s, 80s, 90s. Since I was not around in the 70s, I will tell a story set in the early 90s.


I am the middle child but I was 10 when my little sister was born. At about the ages of 5-7, my father and my uncle would gather my cousins, sister and me and take us to "Wild World", which is now called Six Flags. This was the highlight of the summer for us. My sister was the oldest and my cousins were two years older than me and I have a cousin that is 9 months younger than me. We would have SO much fun.

The first time we went, my father and uncle tried to get us to ride all the rides. In retrospect, there weren’t many rides there. J We went to the pool, splash around there and then spent the rest of the day trying to dry off on the rides. Every other time after that we stayed in the pool ALL DAY. We loved the “Wild Waves”. We rented a raft that seated two or four and would wade until that buzzer sounded. We knew the buzzer meant the waves were sure to follow. None of us could swim so we had to stay close to each other. (smile) Those were some fun times!

Now, my cousins and I aren’t as close. We don’t see each other as much. That is expected because we are all grown and have our separate lives. I just wish that we could get that bond back. Yes, we had our disagreements but we remained close.


This didn’t turn out to be a story per se, but I learned a while ago to stay true to what comes out of my heart. My fingers and thoughts are a direct line to the chambers of my heart. Here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment